Sunday, November 05, 2006

Yes, I've done it again ^_^ This is the 3rd time I've moved in 2 years and I feel very much like a backpacker now; except this über lone ranger here is also carrying his mattress, sofa and dining table along with him on his adventures.


From the beautiful Swan River foreshore south of Perth city, I shoved my things into my ever-so-reliable 4 wheeler (innocently nicknamed "Bubbles", derived from its car licence plate 'BUB') and went to explore the land of the North, famed for its wide open spaces, pleasant people and giant houseflies. One of those things flying into your car windscreen explodes like a paintball... *ergh* (and I'm talking about the houseflies, not the people) ^_^


My home for the next 4 months was at a suburb called Clarkson, approximately 45km north of Perth; but just a breezy 10mins drive from my workplace at Joondalup Hospital. However my church is at Willetton, a jolly good 15 km SOUTH of Perth. Simply put, I have to drive a total of 120km, twice weekly for church activities. By the time I arrive for Sunday service, I would have listened to an entire sermon on CD while driving. (I'm so gonna win next year's bible quiz night)


Before long, it was time for me to move again. I don't think I'll bother to unpack my things this time. Right now I'm staying at a friend's place in Mindarie, a stone's throw away from the Indian Ocean (yes, literally...) This place is absolutely beautiful! The houses are lovely, the ocean view is breath-taking, the air is amazingly fresh, and the houseflies are just as large as the ones in Clarkson.

But hey... I'm happy!

And that's just me being cheeky... ^_^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cartoon...

hahaha...how come u moved??? mindarie's like...further away?

or not?

Andy said...

It's still far away, but its on other side of Marmion Ave... The nicer side ^_^

The person that I was staying with had to go back to S'pore...